Depth Charging Ice Planet Goth [NOVEL]
She's a disturbed, quiet girl, but Mina wants to do some good out there. It's just that the world gets in the way. This is Australia in the 1980s, a haven for goths and loners, where a coming-of-age story can only veer into a murder mystery.
- "A fascinating and quirky character... There's a lot to like about Planet Goth." ~ , The Cult Den
- "A trippy little book about teenage rage and righteousness. Think cult classic film 'Heathers' with a healthy heap of 'Alice in Wonderland', and you've got the idea." ~ Lori Hettler, The Next Best Book Club
- "I have to say that this book definitely did jump out at me from the pack. I read the sample on Amazon and whacked the upcoming paperback on my Amazon Wish List. Love the cover art, by the way!" ~ , Little Gothic Horrors
- "I was totally blown away... his best tale to date." ~ Shawn Vogt , Weird and Wonderful Reads
- "Andrez Bergen introduces us to his most remarkable character to date in a dark, gothic tale — truly fabulous storytelling, and to my mind the author's best." ~ Katy O'Dowd, In Glorious Technicolor
- "If you’ve read any of his previous work you’ll know what a magpie eye Andrez has, with influences ranging from Soviet propaganda to Dashiell Hammett to Charles Dickens." ~ Eva Dolan, Loitering With Intent
- "An equally compelling study of character driving an investigative narrative." ~ Marcus Baumgart, The Ink Shot
- "Bergen knows his comics and how to craft an entertaining mystery." ~ Patrick Curley, Silver Age Comics
- "In a modern age of conspiracies and corporate agglomerates, I think Raymond Chandler would be pleased as to where [Andrez] Bergen has taken his legacy." ~ , Zouch Magazine
- "Bergen creates some of the most wildly imaginative places you will ever encounter in fiction." ~ Chris Rhatigan, Death By Killing
- "Vivid imagery delivered in a lucid, dreamlike narrative. This is an enthralling tale of survival, endurance and growing up that sinks its claws deep." ~ , OzNoir
- "Troubled Mina may be, but not all the troubles exist inside her head. A must read with a twist that slapped me right in the face — we have a winner here." ~ John Kowalski, Word Of The Nerd
- "One fine, coming‐of‐age novel set in Australia in 1986 that at the same time manages to be a compelling crime novel with a touch of magical realism." ~ James Reasoner, Author, 'Dancing With Dead Men'